Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Photoshop method by Fred Koehler

It's a hot summer in Florida, and I thought I'd give you a glimpse of a Photoshop method I used with this sketch of my daughter at the swimming pool.

 Choose a base color for the background and sketch on a new layer.

Under the sketch layer, add dark and light values.

Create a new layer with the blend mode "color" and bring in some selective dominant color.

Add some interesting background detail and you're all done!

See more at freddiek.com and check back next week to hear from the magnificent Sheralyn Barnes.

4 comments:

  1. I love the colours you used Fred, and your daughter is adorable. Thanks for an interesting and informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Fred! Seems your daughter also possesses you "can do" attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good stuff here, thank you
    Kit Grady

    ReplyDelete